Professional Straighten hair is what all women desire. We look on to celebrities and think that we want the hair they have. Straighten hair can be sometimes tricky, but we are here to solve your problem. This article covers how to straighten natural hair, flat ironing natural hair, hair straighteners and much more.
Do’s and Don’ts: HOW TO STRAIGHTEN YOUR HAIR WITH HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
- Rinse your hair with clarifying shampoo before flat ironing your hair to remove any build-up.
- Deep condition your hair for a week or two before using the flat iron.
- Make use of protein treatment within a week or before straightening. This will make your hair strong.
- Apply a heat protectant before blow drying. It will protect your hair from getting damaged.
- Quick tip: always blow dry your hair downward. This will make it easier to straighten your hair and make it of a good quality.
- Try working with hair in section, it will make it easier to straighten your hair.
- Recommended Clarifying Shampoo – [easyazon_link identifier=”B000Z8ESJG” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]Kenra Clarifying Shampoo[/easyazon_link]
- Recommended Deep Conditioner – [easyazon_link identifier=”B00I32AN4K” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00I32AN4K” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
- Recommended Protein Treatment – [easyazon_link identifier=”B0140J9QPG” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]Arvazallia Fortifying Protein Hair Mask[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0140J9QPG” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
- Recommended Heat Protectant – [easyazon_link identifier=”B01LDKE6PK” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]HSI Professional Thermal Protector Spray[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01LDKE6PK” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
- Never use the flat iron over 450 degrees
- Don’t use oils or butter prior blow drying and flat iron.
- Never flat iron each section more than twice.
- Avoid flat ironing your hair every day.
- Never use water- based moisturizers, avoid water in general.
- Don’t forget to apply a protein treatment to your hair after flat ironing your hair.
HOW TO FLATIRON YOUR HAIR?
Straightening your hair is several step process :
The First step in the process of straightening the hair, is to part your hair in section as it makes is a lot easier to do the work. If you have thicker hair, try parting it in more sections as all the hair gets heated.
As you have grouped up your hair into manageable section, direct the straightener to about an inch or below the roots, and is very slow but swift motion take your straightener down to the tips of your hair and towards the end. If you have left some of the section, take your straightener as close as your scalp. Pull the straightener down your hair and stretch out from your scalp. Once you are done try using a shine spray to maintain a glossy look. This is just a recommendation using or not using it is totally up to you. Do follow these steps if you need better results with hair straighteners.
Flatiron you should buy.
Before buying the flat iron there are several things that you should remember. Firstly before shopping the flat iron make sure the weight. Imagine yourself holding heavy equipment in the air for several minutes , it is painful, right?
Next, all individual flat iron has its own heat setting. The texture of your hair will ensure the temperature you might set your iron on. For example, if you have thick hair you might need a heated iron to get better hair and if you have thin hair then you might set the temperature on normal to save your hair from an excess burn.
Low – cost flat iron you can easily find at your local beauty store which will work with the settings that by itself begin on a higher temperature in comparison with expensive flat irons. The Density of the hair depicts everything as if the density of your hair is right, then you might not come in need to set the temperature. But if your hair is thin then you might need to adjust the heat.
We recommend you to spend the extra money to buy a ceramic flat iron with several heat settings so you can adjust the temperature on your will. We suggest that because you will be convenient and in control of a good flat iron really does speak for itself.
For your convenience we have mentioned some temperature level for specified hair types:
If your hair is damaged or very thin: Between 250-300 degrees.
If your hair is of average length and strength: Between 300-350 degrees.
For healthy, thick, or long hair: Between 350-400 degrees.
FINDING AN EFFECTIVE FLAT IRON OR HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
It’s really very important that we first look at the material your flat iron is made from. Titanium ceramic plates are ideal for flat irons, they are amazing for straightening your natural looking hair. These ceramic plates are more qualified in evenly disseminating the heat which also ensures that your iron will not have any hot spots that could indirectly burn your hair.
These flat irons are usually used and considered to be the best because the hair cuticles are clenched by the release of negative ions. According to the beauty experts, this will beget a much smoother, straight, natural, and healthy look for your hair.
On the other hand, you should not buy or use flat irons with coated ceramic or Teflon on their plates because it is known to cause uneven heating up which enhances the chance of your hair being burnt.
TOP THREE HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
Here is the liat of best hair straighters:
1. [easyazon_link identifier=”B001MA0QY2″ locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]HSI Professional Second Generation Original Flat Iron[/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B001MA0QY2″ locale=”US” src=”https://www.affiliatebay.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51hkjdQACL.jpg” tag=”mysite03a-20″ width=”500″]
The HIS professional second generation flat iron is designed in a way that inherits ceramic tourmaline material. It brings you travel-size Argan oil which treats your hair and also promotes the further protection of your hair. The best thing about this straightener is that this has an auto adjustment feature which maintains the temperature automatically based on your hair type and thickness. It works with the support of florid heat technology for balanced heating. You can also build its temperature from 240 to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
This flat iron has been tested and been successful not only for African American and natural black hair but also it works super effectively on all hair types. It does provide same silky and seamless results all the time. Don’t worry it is not at all heavy, this product even comes with a compact design ideal for traveling. This is considered to be the best flat iron for natural hair.
- Straightens hair fast and effectively.
- Works on
- Versatility in all hair type.
- Does not induce burnt smell.
- Keeps your hair straight all day.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B001MA0QY2″ locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
2. [easyazon_link identifier=”B00CFQ22AS” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]HSI Professional First Generation Flat Iron[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”474″ identifier=”B00CFQ22AS” locale=”US” src=”https://www.affiliatebay.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/51xmAFVsYLL.jpg” tag=”mysite03a-20″ width=”500″]
We bring you another flat iron coming from HSI Professional but this product is first generation model so it is quite cheaper than the second generation model. It also comes with few nice goodies. This flat iron specializes in straightening fine to coarse hair types. You can use this product as in a two- way course, besides straightening this flat iron can also be used as a curler. Just as the first product, this product is also made of solid ceramic tourmaline plates. This product has almost same features as the last product, as its flattening technology is backed by advanced infrared heat technology.
The Difference is the second generation model; this product can heat from 240 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Though its plates are in the approx size of one inch, the construction is wide enough for different types and length of hair. It provides you other accessories too say a glove, pouch, and argan oil leave-in-hair treatment.
- Heats up quickly.
- Very convenient to handle.
- Works on kinky hair.
- Comes with a swivel cord.
- Does not pull strands.
- Does not have auto shutoff.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00CFQ22AS” locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
3. [easyazon_link identifier=”B01M11EGJ2″ locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]Xtava Gloss Factor Titanium Flat Iron[/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01M11EGJ2″ locale=”US” src=”https://www.affiliatebay.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/41qcuHZcwuL.jpg” tag=”mysite03a-20″ width=”396″]
This one- inch Xtava flat iron is built from anti-static titanium plates. It is also versatile in nature as it is adaptable on all types and length of hair. This product can heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Xtava also entreats to provide salon- level straightening results with the tool. In comparison to its rivals, this product is way much faster in heating which reaches a full temperature in just 60 seconds. The plus point of this product is that it has auto shutoff feature as, if the flat iron is left idle for more than 60 minutes. The product is designed in a very good manner as it looks really attractive and really simple to work on. This product is amazing according to its price.
- Budget -friendly
- 60-second heat-up feature.
- Auto shutoff for safety.
- Designed with anti-static technology.
- Slim profile.
- Heats up extremely high.
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01M11EGJ2″ locale=”US” tag=”mysite03a-20″]
ARE FLATIRONS or HAIR STRAIGHTENERS WORTH IT?
You can answer this question by yourself by asking two question: how rapidly do you want your hair to be done straightened? And how anxious are you with potentially burning your hair from too much heat? You can’t just go out and buy any random flat iron, you need to buy one with perfect size and thickness of your hair. If you contain short or narrow hair, then go for thinner plates on each end. The ideal size that we recommend for short hair can be between ½ inch and one inch thick. Thick hair women don’t get bothered, this product is also good for you guys too as it can grab a lot of hair easily and efficiently straighten it. There are several flat irons with certain flat ironing units. Those are the units you buy if you contain long or thick long hair.
Straightening Natural Hair Myths.
Many people are born with naturally wavy or curly hair, these people always look for the ways to get their hair straightened and also as a natural looking one. Between all this drama there are also several myths in the beauty world when it comes to straight hair.
There are things like split-ends being agitated, some girls wake up with perfectly set straight hair, and that some just have naturally smooth and glossy hair and no matter what happens, it won’t frizz out or look dirty. These things are just aren’t the truth to be told, but we all desire smooth, frizz-less style that we outcry for.
Avoiding Common Mistakes With Hair Straighteners
There are several mistakes we commit while straightening our hair, one of the common mistakes is pressing on wet hair. Due to lack of time of urgency, we use a straightener on wet hair. Avoid doing all this as it costs a high chance of damaging your hair.
You should also avoid using any heating product that is broken or chipped or even damaged in any way. There is a huge chance that this can cause a fire, or damage your hair due to disproportioned heat. If you are worried about getting dry hair then try limiting the use of the straightener to about 3-4 times a week.
Cleaning your flat iron is also a mandatory and important job to do as it prevents product build up. There are several tonics or mixtures that are basically made for cleaning flat iron however you can also try using how water.
SOME FINAL THOUGHTS ON HAIR STRAIGHTENERS
Without any doubt, black hair is more complicated and difficult to straighten than any other types of hair. That’s why using the best flat iron can really help you to make it simplify the straightening process. Make sure to overlook the details we mentioned as it will help you in future. All the products mentioned above have been proved really effective at straightening the hair.
HAIR STRAIGHTENERS & STRAIGHTENING FAQ’S
Here are a few questions often appear about straightening hair:
- Question: How do I know my flat iron is at the right heat setting without trying it on my hair?
Answer: You don’t. That’s why it’s best to plat test a default heat setting on your flat iron first. Plat testing means you try out using your flat iron on an unnoticeable section of your hair. This won’t create a problem.
- Question: Is it ok to go out in the rain after straightening my hair?
Answer: NO, you can only go out covering yourself by an umbrella or rain bonnet, if there is a lot of moisture in the air try avoid going out as it may give back your curly hair.
Hope you got all the required info about flaironing your hair with the help of hair straighteners.